Don’t let the whimsical blog name or logo fool you, Michael Graham is a professional Mechanical Engineer with years of R&D experience. A gallery of his past professional projects can be seen here.
Services & Specialties:
- Custom ElectroMechanical Testing Equipment. -load cells, data acquisition, test fixtures, etc.
- 3D modelling & design.
- Prototype fabrication & 3D printing.
- Design for one-off or low volume production.
- Creative solutions catered to your specific needs.
My product development process breaks down into 5 phases. Binding quotes can only generated one phase at a time but estimates can be provided anytime. Deliverables are project specific but generally these are the steps:
1. Free consultation. Discussion via email & skype/phone as necessary to layout the scope of work. High level general advice is given freely within reasonable limits.
2. Project Planning: Recommendations such as: Design feedback, Ideas, Feasibility Review, hand sketches, suggested parts, cost estimates, & links to more sources of information.
3. Project Engineering: Detailing out the project plan. Delivery of a BOM, dimensioned drawings & models, & whatever digital information is needed to communicate how to build the work as planned in the previous stage.
4. Prototyping: Creation of the work as specified in previous stage. Cost of materials, consumables, taxes, 3rd party fees, & shipping are passed on to you without markup. My time & expertise are the only billable items. IP generated belongs to you. A percentage of the material costs are billed prior to prototyping.
5. Support: Common deliverables include creation of user manual, video training documentation, and the like. While prototype *defect* troubleshooting is free, any questions considered as expanding the scope of previously planned work is considered billable support.
Ready to get started? Submit your contact information and project details below.